Halton cops seize 24 firearms in service's largest seizure
· Toronto Sun

Halton Regional Police made the largest firearms seizure in its history following a months-long drug trafficking investigation across the GTA.
In total, police said 24 handguns were seized during the investigation. Twelve of the guns seized are prohibited and 12 are classified as restricted.
Visit rouesnews.click for more information.
“This is a significant step forward in our ongoing efforts to protect public safety and disrupt organized crime,” Halton Chief of Police Stephen Tanner said during a news conference on Tuesday morning in Oakville. “This investigation targeted a sophisticated and well-organized drug trafficking network operating in and throughout our communities.”
‘Project Cyprus’
Dubbed ‘Project Cyprus,’ the investigation was launched in November of last year.
The probe involved Halton’s 2 District Street Crime Unit and the Criminal Intelligence Service Ontario, targeting a network operating throughout Halton, Toronto, York and Durham Region.
“This investigation involved months of intelligence gathering, resourcing, effort, and frankly, the police work and results our community expects and deserves,” Halton Deputy Chief Roger Wilkie said. “Over the course of six months, investigators dismantled a sophisticated drug trafficking network, operating across several jurisdictions.”
Along with the handguns captured, Halton police also seized 16.5 kilograms of cocaine, more than 16,000 Oxycodone tablets, 3,000 millilitres of liquid Hydrocodone and 10,500 ml of liquid Codeine. The estimated street value of the drugs was $728,000.
$375K also seized
More than $375,000 of Canadian currency and cryptocurrency were also seized.
Further investigation is needed to determine how the accused came into possession of the guns. Halton police also said there is no evidence to suggest the guns were used in the commission of a previous crime. The guns will more than likely be destroyed, cops said.
“We have removed a substantial amount of dangerous firearms from circulation: firearms destined for our streets, our neighbourhoods and, ultimately, could have been used in acts of violence,” Tanner said.
Tevin Moulton, 31, of Oshawa, was charged with nine offences; Duo Chao “Jason” Xue, 29, of Richmond Hill was charged with four offences; Sebastian Machado, 26, of Toronto, was charged with six offences, and Todd Woodman, 36, of Mississauga, was charged with six offences.
None of the accused were out on bail at the time. Moulton had a firearms prohibition order from a previous criminal offence.
“This investigation is ongoing,” Tanner said. “Our work does not stop here. We will continue to pursue those involved in trafficking firearms and drugs into our communities.”
The four men are currently being held in custody in Milton, pending bail hearings.